Home | About
Mediterranean Shipping Agency was established on 1990 by Mr. Ali Farhat, naval architect – Consulting marine engineer / Marine Surveyor and non exclusive surveyor of international register shipping USA with head office in Tunis, Rades, La Goulette and branches in Bizerta, Menzel Bourguiba and Gabes.
Operating in all Tunisian ports, employing a most qualified staff in shipping industry, at vessel’s disposal round the clock 7 days a week always doing our best for our principal interest.
We assure our customers of our best care and attention arranging to vessels under our agency the smoothest call at the most economical turnaround.
On 1992, in addition of the head office at Tunis which is covering La Goulette, Rades and Sousse Ports, Medship owned a branch office at Bizerta to cover Bizerta and Menzel Bourguiba ports.
One year later, Medship owned a second branch office at Gabes to cover Gabes, Zarzis, La Skhira and Sfax ports.
Founder & General Manager
About Chairman of medship
Ali Farhat was born on 1957, marine engineer and naval architect, titular of Baccalaureate Mathematics – Technics on 1976, and had an Assistant Marine Engineer diploma on 1978 from “Merchant Marine high school” Sousse – Tunisia.
From 1979 to 1980, he was employed at “Direction Generale de la Marine Marchande – Tunis” as assistant officer of Mercantile Marine where he had the following responsabilities:
- Port Management Tariffing
- Marine Inspector for vessels
- Annual Marine Safety Inspection
From 1981 to 1983, Ali Farhat was employed at “Socomena Shipyard – Menzel Bourguiba” as superintendent, charged with the following responsabilities:
- Estimation of cost of repair
- Supervising vessels repairs
- Dry-dock etc…
More about the Chairman of Medship
In 1983, Ali Farhat reinstated the “Merchant Marine High School” to graduate in 1985 as a Marine Engineer Naval Architect.
In August 1985, he was titled with a certificate of instruction at “University of Louvain La Neuve BELGIUM” – Shipbuilding Department.
In september 1985, he reinstated “Socomena Shipyard – Menzel Bourguiba” charged with following responsibilities:
- Air-compressors, sand blasting machines, high pressure pumps, etc…
- Mobil cranes of 3T up 45 tons capacity – gantry cranes – electric cranes and travelling cranes trucks etc…
- Boilers on board ship
- Refrigerating installation on board ships.
- Fresh water, seawater, gas oil, steam piping etc…
- Technical specification for trawlers, tuna ship, barges, fishing boats…
- Preliminary plan for fishing boats.
- Elaboration of building plans.
- Carrying out draft-surveys on vessels loading / Discharging bulk cargoes.
- Marine Safety inspection for a towed barge from Menzel Bourguiba to ST. Nazaire.
- Supervising Fishing Boats building in Tunisian Shipyards.
- Off-Hire / On-Hire surveys.
- Supervising of lightening operations.
- Condition survey for bulk carrier, general carrier, general cargo vessels for the account of salvage association.
- Annual Survey for the account of lloyd registers of shipping, Hellenic register of Shipping.
- Cranes re-certification for the account of Hyundai Engineering and Construction Company LTD.
- N/Exclusive Surveyor for LLOYD’S REGISTER OF SHIPPING and REGISTRO ITALIANO NAVALE.
- Design and Stability calculation for trawler of 24M Length.
- Design and Stability calculation for a yacht of 18M Length.
- Design and Stability calculation for a fishing boat of 17M Length.
- Design and Stability calculation for trawler of 23,80M Length.
- Design and Stability calculation for coast fishing boats (30 ships) from 3.4 up to 12M Length.
- Design and Stability calculation for passenger ship 27,00M Length.
- Design and Stability calculation for a tuna fishing boat of 26M Length.
- Class Surveyor N/Exclusive Surveyor of International Register Of Shippinf – New MIAMI-USA, in charge Tunisia.